Sunday 6 November 2011

Amigurumi

I too have fallen in love with the Japanese craft that's sweeping the nation - Amigurumi. Ok I may be a little late to join the rest of the world but recently Sophie (being a 10 year old girl) was interested in learning to crochet. The last time I tried to crochet I was around the same age. So fast forward 36 years and I had to try and remember how it went so I could help Sophie out.
When I learnt to crochet (back in the 70s when it was all the rage) I was never very good at it and could only really make beanies because no matter how hard I tried my projects always ended up being circular so doll beanies were my thing. I was a little better at knitting but only the basics.
Anyway, for the sake of helping Sophie out I borrowed some library books and found an online begginers course on u tube and re-mastered the art of crochet. This time I even managed to do it properly. OK I'm no expert but I was able to construct this little Amigurumi bear. Yeah, it's not perfect but Sophie loves it and that's all that matters. I've got to admit, I'm a little proud of it!
Sophie took this photo with the bear perched on our tomato plant growing in our backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment