Monday 29 October 2012

Stuck Sketches

I have had my parents here as house guests for just over 5 weeks and I just never seemed to get a chance to scrap. What with all the cake and bread baking I was doing there never was a good time for pulling out the paper.

So now I have the house back to myself I wanted to get this layout finished for Stuck Sketches. In all honesty I did make a couple of attempts to complete this before the deadline (today) but it didn't come together.

Anyway this is my beautiful daughter chilling at the beach. The photo was taken in August this year in the late afternoon. I remember is it was a really warm day and it stayed warm late into the evening. I took both kids and the dog for a stroll along the beach but as kids do they end up in the water. Sophie was totally waterlogged at the end of our outing. Good thing there was a towel in the boot of the car and we only live a few minutes drive from the beach.





I have included a couple of close up shots of my heat embossing. I have glittered these chipboard stars (heat embossing is much quicker and neater than glue and glitter like I have done before) and also stamped this camera (Amy Tangerine stamp) and cut it out for an embellie.

I was at Big W a few weeks ago and they had a bargain table set up with lots of different stationery items. I can never resist a bargain so I had a cursory look over the table. I couldn't believe my luck when I found a small pile of heat guns in the mix. They were reduced to $10 each. I have been wanting a heat gun for ages but the cost put me off. Most heat guns I saw were costing around the $45 mark and upwards. I knew that if I was going to get one I would have to buy all the other bits that go with it for heat embossing. However, when I spotted the gun for ten bucks I grabbed it and ran to buy it. I have been a follower of Kristin Werner (http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/) for a few years now and she does all sorts of amazing cards using heat embossing. I love her style and I have learnt alot of awesome techniques through watching her video blog.
So far I have bought about 5 embossing powders and have a lot of fun testing them out. My favourites are silver and silver glitter.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous layout! I'm your newest follower! I really like your work! :D

    ReplyDelete