Thursday 8 August 2013

Scrap the Boys - August

Monochromatic layout (one colour), twine and chipboard are the criteria for this months challenge.

I came across this photo on my computer the other day. I don't  recall seeing it before. I was drawn to scrapping it and yellow just seemed to fit the bill. I love the way the photo colours pop off the yellow page.

It was great fun searching through my stash for yellow. I was surprised by how much I found. I did find that I kept wanting to add some darker colour so I went with the darker shade of yellow in the paint around the pic.

The twine and chipboard requirements I fulfilled in one go by tying yellow twine to my deep yellow chipboard buttons.



The yellow dots I have scattered are actually nail polish which I dripped onto the page. I really like the look. I got the idea from an article I read in SMB by Georgia Heald. OK I'm fairly certain it was written by Georgia but if I'm wrong I apologise :)

Anyway here he is in all his yellow glory, my boy Ben.

 
I can't get the colours right on this layout. It is all shades of cheery yellow but looks a lot darker because it's an icky day and I took the photo by a well lit window. I could lighten it more in Photoshop but really I can't be bothered. So if you think this might be an orange monochrome layout rather than yellow, so be it. LOL


 




5 comments:

  1. I think yellow was the perfect choice for this page Natalie! I love the chevron background and the nail polish idea too! Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous page!! Love the colours and gotta love the good old nail polish - the fluoro colours are awesome too ;0)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colour choice for your pic! Lots of clustering too. Love that! Thanks for playing along at STB! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that yellow chevron! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Natalie, thanks for your lovely comments on my page.. love this yellow combo, it is really bright and cheerful, just perfect with this picture, great job!

    ReplyDelete