Thursday 7 May 2015

Jot - May Challenge

The challenge for this month is beautiful (like all of them really) and I had just the right photo sitting on my desk waiting patiently to scrap. Love this pic of my mum and son taken last year. It was a beautifully sunny Winter's afternoon and we were in my parents courtyard.  A loving moment captured forever.

My inspiration from the mood board was the diamond rings (I could only afford to use diamanté), the colours of course, I feel the polka dots and flowers give it a retro/vintage feel, the clock to represent the circular motif (also a moment in time) and lastly silver that I have slipped under my photo mat. The silver is contact paper I picked up at Coles a few months ago. They had heaps of sparkly contacts in time for back to school so I grabbed a silver and a gold roll. Very sparkly.

Thanks for having a look.



5 comments:

  1. Oh yeah! That Maggie Holmes paper is the best one to use for this challenge. I didnt' think of that! And I love that you used contact paper for the silver sparkles. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning! What an ideal opportunity to scrap this gorgeous photo! Thanks for playing along with us over at JOT..x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous! Love that background paper! Thanks for joining in with the challenge at Jot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special photo and scrapped so beautifully too! Love the touch of sparkle with the contact paper! Thanks for playing along with Jot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely.. thank you for being part of our May Mood Board over at Jot.

    ReplyDelete